One of the "big" emotions that we experience is anger. Sometimes acknowledging our anger and finding healthy ways to express it can be really hard. So, what are some things you can do when you are feeling angry?
- Taking Deep Breathes- Check out the video called " Just Breathe" where kids talk about how to use deep breaths to calm down when they are experiencing anger and other "big" emotions.
- Calming Jar - Create a calming Jar! A calming jar is one way to "shake" off these big emotions. Calming jars gives us a chance to release our initial frustration, time to think about what we are angry about and why, and an opportunity to sit with these thoughts and feeling
What you'll need:
- A jar with a lid (mason jars are great to use)
- 1-2 tablespoons of glitter glue or clear glue
- 3-4 tablespoons glitter
- Warm water
- Food coloring
- Fill the jar with warm water, leaving a small gap at the top for shaking room
- Add the blue, glitter, and food coloring in the jar. The warm water will break up the glue which makes the glitter move more slowly in the jar.
- Screw the lid on tight and shake until ingredients are mixed