We all grieve differently and experience different emotions during our grief journey, even if we are grieving the same death of someone. The grief puzzle is a great activity to do with your family or friends to show how grief is a different experience for each person.
What you'll need:
- Construction paper or butcher paper
- Colored pencils, markers, or crayons
- Cut a large piece of paper into puzzle pieces (make sure that everyone has at least one puzzle piece).
- Choose which prompt (from below) you would like to represent on your puzzle piece.
- Using pictures, drawings, designs, or words, color your puzzle piece to represent your answer to the prompt.
- When everyone has completed their puzzle piece, assemble the puzzle together.
- Take turns sharing about your different
Puzzle piece prompts:
- If grief was a color...
- If grief was a song...
- If grief was an animal...
- If grief was a flavor...
- If grief was a building...
- If grief was a sound...
Thank you to Camp Erin Tacoma for sharing this activity!