The Jed Foundation (JED) is a nonprofit that exists to protect emotional health and prevent suicide for our nation’s teens and young adults. JED partners with high schools and colleges to strengthen their mental health, substance abuse and suicide prevention programs and systems; equips teens and young adults with the skills and knowledge to help themselves and each other; and encourages community awareness, understanding and action for young adult mental health.
Learn more at jedfoundation.org and check out their programs and resources including:
1. JED Campus: A nationwide initiative designed to help colleges and universities develop campus-wide systems, programs and policies to support mental health and prevent substance abuse and suicide. Following JED’s Comprehensive Approach, JED Campuses embark on a multi-year strategic partnership with JED to build a safety net for their students.
2. Set to Go: A new program that guides students, families and high school educators through the social, emotional and mental health challenges related to the transition out of high school to college and adulthood. Set to Go currently features a Transition of Care Guide, Right Fit Worksheet and other tools for students and families.
3. Half of Us: An award-winning program from JED & MTV featuring a library of free-for-use videos including PSAs, celebrities and students talking about their personal experiences with mental health and substance use. Half of Us helps young people feel less alone and encourages them to reach out for help.
4. U Lifeline: A mental health resource center for college students that provides information about emotional health issues and the resources available on their campus. It also offers a confidential mental health self-screening tool.
5. Love is Louder: A community working together to build a world where we all feel connected & supported. No matter who we are, where we’re from, what we’ve experienced or what challenges we face, there are things we can do to make connection and support louder in our lives and for the people around us.
The Moyer Foundation is proud to parnter with JED.